Even though “The New Hollywood” as an organization is a group of women, we are dedicated to creating a community of like-minded, conscious, supportive people. Thus, TNH has started featuring incredible men who are up to big things in our Amazing Man Series! We are highlighting men who live with purpose, focus on giving back, and who are all around, well, AMAZING men.
TNH is excited to feature our next Amazing Man, Ash Kumra! Get inspired and get ready to dream big and feel alive!
1. Please tell us who you are and what you do? Who was/is the most profound male influence in your life and why?
I am an entrepreneur, broadcaster and agent of change to make the world a better place. My passion currently is DreamItAlive.com: an online global community, guiding users to create their “dream life” with scientifically proven visualization tools, dreamboards® and personal development content. I also host on DreamItlAlive.com a daily show featuring conversations with business leaders, authors, entrepreneurs and celebrities who have achieved their dreams and goals.
2. What other amazing men would you nominate? Why?
My dear friend Scott Lopez. You can learn more about him here: http://mentaltoughnessauthority.com/. He has a philosophy of being his most authentic self with everyone and it has had a profound affect on me. He also helped me re-affirm the need to be a “Conscious Man” 24/7.
3. Who was/is the most profound male influence in your life and why?
My father. He has taught me to live a life on what I am passionate and not to chase trends just because it pays well. He also is of the highest integrity.
4. Who is the most influential woman in your life and why?
It’s a 3 way tie with:
1. My mom for being a role model and showing me to never settle and to aim high.
2. My aunt, my mom’s sister, for showing me how to take a passion and be an entrepreneur around it.
3. My business partner on DreamItAlive.com, Anita Rani, for teaching me the importance of mindfulness, meditation and for introducing me and the world to DreamItAlive.com..
5. What is your personal motto/mantra?
“The world is yours. Make it beautiful and unforgettable.”
6. What advice would you give young men and women?
Be more present with focus on every activity. Be your best self by acting and doing things authentic. Do daily habits and rituals that elevate you. Live, Repeat, Share! #BeTheExample #DreamItAlive
7. What causes are you passionate about and why?
Besides DreamItAlive.com; I am passionate about entrepreneurship organizations that help people with resources to live their Dream calling. I am chairman of a large southern California based one called Tech Coast Venture Network!
8. How do you contribute to your community and why?
I do this by living an authentic life and leading by actions not just preaching it!
9. What is your definition of being man versus being a boy?
A man knows or is on his path to find their purpose, can accept constructive criticism and serves to make the world a better world.
A boy lacks this awareness and isn’t conscious enough to realize they need to become a man.
10. Any additional ideas, stories, or points of view that you feel will enhance readers on understanding who you are and what your purpose is please elaborate!
Please check out my Dreamboard to truly learn more about where I am in life and want to lead!
Ash Kumra is an award winning entrepreneur, author, public speaker and talk show host recognized twice by the White House as an entrepreneur making an impact. Ash is co-founder of DreamItAlive.com, a global community guiding users to create their “dream life” with scientifically proven visualization tools, dreamboards® and personal development content. Ash also hosts on DreamItlAlive.com a daily show featuring conversations with business mavens, authors, entrepreneurs and celebrities who have achieved their dreams and goals.
Ash is an authority on entrepreneurship, social media & branding by authoring the book series "Confessions from an Entrepreneur", spoken to over 10,000 people and has been cited in 100's of articles including Forbes Magazine, Huffington Post, American Express Forum, Entrepreneur Magazine, Startup America/Up Global, LA Times, OC Register, Tedx & The White House.
Ash is also Chairman of the board for one of Southern California's largest entrepreneurship education non-profit Tech Coast Venture Network ("TCVN"), Co-leader for the California Team for White House/Steve Case founded "Startup America" (now owned by Up Global) and on the leadership advisory board for the Clinton Foundation's 20/30 initiative.
*Please note that not all experiences, beliefs and ideas are shared by each member of the The New Hollywood.” We are a group of shepherds, not sheep.